[Zope] Photo browsing products for Zope

Ed Leafe ed@leafe.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:08:31 -0500

On Thursday, December 26, 2002, at 04:08  AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

>> Seems to me that just commenting out the Tk stuff didn't work - it
>> still can't find the right image processing module.
>
> No, it can't find PIL at all. Probably the compile failed, or you
> aren't in
> the directory where _imaging.so is.

	It seems to be finding PIL, since it seems to not squawk when
PIL.Image.open() is called. And I'm running this from the same
directory that PIL is built from.

	I've been trying various other things after Googling a bit, and now I
get the following message when try the sample code:

Python 2.2.1 (#1, Aug 30 2002, 12:15:30)
[GCC 3.2 20020822 (Red Hat Linux Rawhide 3.2-4)] on linux2
 >>> import PIL.Image
 >>> a = PIL.Image.open('Images/lena.jpg')
 >>> a.load()
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "PIL/ImageFile.py", line 140, in load
     d = Image._getdecoder(self.mode, d, a, self.decoderconfig)
   File "PIL/Image.py", line 255, in _getdecoder
     raise IOError("decoder %s not available" % decoder_name)
IOError: decoder jpeg not available

	I followed the instructions on the "Using PIL with Zope" page
(http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/PIL_zope), and configured the
imaging lib with the correct paths to zlib and jpeglib, and the message
now seems to be getting closer. Does anyone know why PIL can't find the
decoder?

      ___/
     /
    __/