[Zope] Very Strange FTP upload bug!

Adam Warner lists@consulting.net.nz
02 Feb 2002 03:18:50 +1300

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 02:45, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> At 02.02.2002 02:27 +1300, Adam Warner wrote:
> >If I can't robustly upload files to a zope database using FTP then I may
> >have to reevaluate this specific use of zope. All I uploaded was some
> >HTML source. If zope can't cope with that then I can't easily use it to
> >archive HTML source material.
> >
> >It appears that Zope's trying to be too clever. Textual content should
> >be able to be uploaded via FTP. Not rejected because of an overly
> >exuberant DTML parser.
>
> No, it appears you are trying to be too lazy ;-)
>
> Zope will by default create DTML Documents when text files are uploaded.
> You can however use a PUT_factory to make it create whatever you heart desires.

Thanks guys. I can sleep easier now :-)

Here's what was 'wrong' with the HTML document:

Document Template Parse Error
Unexpected tag, for tag <!--#CONFIG TIMEFMT="%Y" -->, on line 266 of
news

> An example PUT_factory can be found here:
> <http://www.zope.org/Members/shh/Patches/PUT_factory.py>
>
> What it basically does is mapping a MIME type to a Zope object type.

OK.

> Please also read
> <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/HookablePUTCreation>

"For objects which do not yet exist in a given container, Zope creates a
NullResourcex object with the given id, which then handles the 'PUT 'by
creating one a "stock" Zope object (a DTMLDocumentx for text-like
content, an OFS.Image for image-like content, or an OFS.Image.File for
all others)."

Well that makes perfect sense. So all I need to do is redefine the
default text-like content. Using an External Method.

So I just have to figure out how to make the default MIME type
text/html.

> HTH,

Yes, thanks.

Regards,