Take it Easy [was]: Re: [Zope] how to name realm (basic authen)

Joseph A Knapka jknapka@earthlink.net
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:51:28 +0000

"Smith, Neil" wrote:

> Eron Lloyd wrote:
> > Hey, it's not that big a deal... he had a question, he found the answer.
> It's
> > that kind of attitude that scares people off. Please be more respectful of
>
> > others on the list, as quite frankly, this IS the place newbies ask
> questions.
> >
> > Accentuating the positive vibes,
> >
> > Eron
>
> I mailed Svante separately, and he's actually fine.  I even sympathise with
> his point.  However, as for the answer, it's not that simple.  I've had
> problems with environment variables for NT services before, and I'll bet
> that others are having problems too, so it is worth elaborating them here.
> What has confused me here, and when I was trying to install DCOracle2
> immediately after installing the Oracle client software, is that any changes
> to the systems environment variables will not be inherited by services until
> after the machine has been rebooted.

You should be able to restart the service from the "Services" control
panel and have system environment variables take effect at that time.
But of course, with Windows, one never knows...

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"