[Zope] Newbie Tutorial?

brian@coolnamehere.com brian@coolnamehere.com
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:05:15 -0800

Hi Dan,

One of the neat things about Zope is that it comes with an excellent
tutorial built in.  Install Zope, and it will start you off with a
"QuickStart" screen that will give a quick overview of Zope
concepts.  There is also a "ZopeTutorial"  object you can construct
and step through.  The ZopeTutorial is quite good, and helped me
understand a lot of techniques that I'd never bothered learning
before.

Also, The Zope Book is available online as a link from the
Documentation section of the zope.org site.  You can use the online
version of the book while getting your feet wet, and then buy it as a
"away-from-computer" reference.

Have fun with Zope!  It seemed overwhelming and complex to me
at first, but now I'm using it to add stuff to my site which would have
been too awkward with CGI or some of the other Web application
platforms.

Good luck,
Brian Wisti
brian@coolnamehere.com