[Zope] extract values from zope

Joseph A Knapka jknapka@earthlink.net
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:14:01 +0000

kosh@aesaeion.com wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Mike Bunyan wrote:
>
> > After many months of accumulating information from users filling in
> > forms my intranet zope server has accumulated a large amount of useful
> > information I would like to extract into sqlserver for analysis and
> > use elsewhere.
> >
> > Some pointers as to how to extract the values into a useful format for
> > import into a database would be appreciated.
>
> Hmm well if you have the data stored in zope it seems like a better
> solution would be to use a db adapter and connect zope to the other
> database. Then use python script to copy the data you need from zope into
> the sql database. Not sure what you mean by sqlserver though since I don't
> of any sql db called that. Oracle? Postgresql? Mysql? DB2? Sap? etc

SQLServer is what Sybase became after Microsoft bought it,
if I've got my geneaology straight.

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"