[Zope] Zope 2.5 upgrade help!

Joseph A Knapka jknapka@earthlink.net
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 02:19:12 +0000

Gilles wrote:

> Yes they are on the same port.
>
> BUT I don't want to run both instances at the same time. I just want to run
> the new OR the old one.
>
> The problem is that:
> 1) from the windows service control panel, stating the 2.5 service give a
> error: 'Could not start service Zope blabla..) BUT it start zope correctly,
> just this service status info stay empty. Consequence: from the same control
> panel I can not stop the service.

I don't know about Windows2000, but on NT4, you can often do
this in such cases:

(1) Try to "Start" the service (again) from the service control
    panel.
(2) (If you're lucky) Dismiss the "service is already running"
    warning.
(3) Now the service control panel shows the service as "Started",
    and you can stop it.

I think usually this sort of behavior indicates that the
service is not interacting with the Windows Service Manager
(or whatever it's called) properly.

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"