[Zope] title property bug (zope 2.5.0)

Adam Warner lists@consulting.net.nz
04 Feb 2002 18:10:43 +1300

Hi all,

It appears that even though you can delete the title property from a
folder you cannot add it again. I came across this when trying to debug
a duplicate property id error.

Say you have called this python script from the current folder:

#Delete all existing properties
context.manage_delProperties(context.propertyIds())

You can then check the current folder "Properties" and indeed the title
property is no longer listed.

However you can't add it again:
context.manage_addProperty('title', 'test property value', 'string')
return

This error results:

Error Type: Bad Request
Error Value: Invalid or duplicate property id

Unfortunately I am no longer able to add a title property using the Zope
management interface either.

Interim workaround seems to be: never delete a folder's title property.

How do people suggest I recreate the folder titles that have already
been 'deleted'? BTW I've run fstest.py and the Zope database is still
fine.

Thanks,
Adam