[Zope] Zope file system and scalability

sree sree@indiacares.org
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:39:31 +0530

Dear friends,
Greetings!

I am trying to build a huge extranet using zope where there will be
large amount of messageing and file shareing.

How scalable is Zope object file system. I was told zope has to keep
complete zope data.fs in memory so as to work. Is this true. Are there
any further reference articles on this.
As part of the project i need to enable users to upload the work files
such as StarOffice clac files, word documents and pdf. If they use to
file object in zope then the file gets embedded to zope data.fs making
it enormously huge. Is this preferable. or should i try loacl fs. Any
help in this will be of immence value.

Regards,
  -  sree