[Zope] *Help* Multiple Session datamanagers = problems?

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:13:16 +0100

I'm running a Zope 2.3.3 site where I have created an object that generates
a web interface towards a SQL server database. It wraps, amongst other
things, a Session Data Manager. These holds user information if you are
"logged in" into the system (not logged in into zope, that is, but into my
system). I needed to have two of these objects in the database, but this
seemed to cause an interesting problem:

It seem like the two session data managers invalidates each other. I.e, when
somebocy logged in using session data manager A, suddenly persons using
session datamanager B was logged out. It got better when I moved the session
data manager out of my application objects, and instead only have one,
further up in the hierarchy. Unfortunately, other parts of the site also use
a session data manager, but with another name, which I suspect is the reason
that I still get logged out sometimes.

So I wonder: is this the case? Is it in Zope 2.3.3 possible only to have one
session data manager, even though I'm supposed to be able to have any number
according to some article I read.
Or must each session data manager be accompanied by a session id manager?
Right now I only have one, in the root.

*Help!*

/Lennart