[Zope] IOError

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:15:21 +0000

Ruslan Spivak wrote:

>Can anybody help me to understand what's going on?
>I can't grasp what this output means

here:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-June/093702.html

or here:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2001-December/014505.html

or:
---------------------

You're starting Zope through something like this:

./start &

You then close the terminal window, and Zope's controlling terminal
disappears.... Zope is trying to send output to stdout, but stdout is gone.
You get the IOError.

Instead of starting Zope this way, start Zope from a terminal that doesn't
get closed.

OK, thanks Garry...  I'm going to treat this as an isolated error, where
the solution is to not close the terminal window after you do "./start
&" or alternately to use "nohup ./start &".

regards Max M