[Zope] Upgrade from 2.3.2 to 2.5.0

Chris Meyers chris@hddesign.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:14:14 -0600

We just got a new server and installed Zope2.5.0 on it and it seems to work fine (after realizing that it doesn't play well with python 2.2). However we have had a few problems/issues with export of our site over from the old server which is running Zope 2.3.2. Specifically we are getting problems with python scripts that end in an else: clause. For example a script from the export that looks like this:

if context.noRequestID():
  context.getRecentRequestID()
else:
  context.getSelectedRequestID()

gives this error:

 Script line 4
    context.getSelectedRequestID()
                                 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

If I save the script then everything works fine, but I don't really feel like going through all of the imported python scripts and saving them just to make sure they work. I have looked around on the list and on the various zope sites but haven't found any reference to any problem like this. So I guess my questions are: Has anyone seen this problem before, if so what did you do about it? Also is there a How-To available that describes migrating to a newer version of zope? I have seen this one:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO
but it seems a little dated now (no offense to the author).

Thanks for any help.

System Specs
RedHat 7.2
Python 2.1.2