[Zope] sendmail in standard_error_message

Muñoz, Julián jmunoz@softhome.net
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 00:16:04 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Arian,

I had exactly the same problem you had in the message you posted in
Decembre.

I solved it activating the "Use mailhost services" persmission for
Anonymour Role in the MailHost object.

----
Hi Chris, Thanks for your response. > Firstup, read this:

> http://www.zope.org/Members/JohnC/StandardErrorMessage
Yep, read that -- it's where I started from. > I would guess at a security
problem.
> See if an anonymous user can execute your template...
I found a workaround which was to use the smtphost= instead of
mailhost=, so I guess the security problem is with the mailhost
object. Now opened that up to allow "View" and "Access Contents Info"
for Anon and Authenticated, but still no joy. I guess I'll just stick
with the smtphost= attribute instead. Probably best not to have
standard_error_message dependent on too many other objects anyway... I
have copied this to the list for others to see (perhaps when
searching the archives many moons from now)? Hope that's acceptable
netiquette... Regards, Arian
Arian de Wit
Information Systems Integration Manager
NIWA (National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research)
Gate 10 Silverdale Road, Box 11-115, Hamilton, New Zealand 2001
Phone (+64) 7-856 1769
Fax (+64) 7-856 0151
Web http://www.niwa.co.nz

--