[Zope] Initialising DateTime object from SQL query

Paul Roberts paul.m.roberts@sun.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:10:28 +0000

Hello everyone,

Sorry in advance for the elongated description of my problem, I
just want to make sure I include all the information that might be
required...

I have a dtml-method which will automaticly create date selection
elements for a form. I pass it a default date in the form of a DateTime
object. The value of the form elements is then initialised to this date.

Normally I just run it like this:

<dtml-var expr="selectDate_dtml(_.None,_,id='s',default=_.DateTime())">

Which sets the default date to the current one, and this works fine.

However, sometimes I want to initialise this bit of the form with a date
extracted from an SQL query. I can access the field in question without
a problem as a normal variable:

<dtml-var date_start>

displays as 2002/02/08

Now, I know that this format is appropriate to pass to the constructer
for DateTime, because when I type in a date by hand, it works fine:

<dtml-var expr="selectDate_dtml(_.None,_,id='s',default=_.DateTime('2002/02/08'))">

However, when I pass the date_start variable to my dtml method as
_.DateTime(date_start), I get the following error message:

---

Zope Error

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: unsupported operand type(s) for /

---

It looks like it isn't passing this variable to DateTime as a string, so
how do I make it do that?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. - Paul

--
Paul Roberts <paul.m.roberts@sun.com>