[Zope] Zope clashing with Jana Proxy server on intranet?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:17:43 -0000

Has anyone had any experience with Jana Proxy Server?

On a client's site we've installed a Zope-CMF intranet. It's an NT system,
but we didn't use IIS, just pointed their browsers at
http://servername:8080/intranet

That worked fine, till they tried to access a normal WWW site, which gives
"Site error - resource not found". On digging round, I found that the server
has Jana Server installed (http://www.janaserver.de/en/) - a freeware proxy
server program that acts as a gateway to allow all the machines on their LAN
to access the internet through their single ISDN line.

I suspect that accessing zope via servername:8080 is confusing Jana ...or
vice-versa!

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Is it just a case of adding/changing
a setting in Jana so that it routes requests for the intranet to Zope?

Any help would be gratefully received! :-)

Cheers, Jon