[Zope] new, so don't know what to do with this?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:01:58 -0500

I don't know details because I don't normally use Linux, but I think one of
the desktop managers uses Python so it might not be safe to remove it.
However you can have multiple Python installations.  There is a lot of
material in the archives on how to do this.

You could also use the Python installation that Zope uses to run your
install - invoke that interpreter rather than one in the regular Python
installation.  That might be the best and quickest way to go.

Tom P

[Raymond Norton]

I want to remove python  1.5.2 .rpm, and install 2.1, but it shows all kinds
of depedencys. Is there a way to do this without breaking everything?

[me]