[Zope] examples of custom CMF workflows

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:08:06 +0100

Joe Graham writes:
 > Are there any good examples of using CMF workflows to accomplish "other"
 > things like user registration or really anything besides the "default"
 > reviewer workflow.
The CMF workflow is object centric. You must have a CMF object in
order to associate a workflow with it. Thus, registration is probably
not easy, as users are not CMF objects.

If you have an object centric workflow (I assume, you know what
that is), then you can easily model that with DCWorkflow (part
of the CMF CVS version). I used it to implement a "news" workflow
with states "new", "published", "underRevision", "isRevision"
and corresponding transitions.

DCWorkflow also comes with instructive examples...

Dieter