[Zope] How come you can't add a multiple selection property in a python script?

Ronald L. Chichester complaw@hal-pc.org
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:18:10 -0600

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> complaw@hal-pc.org writes:
>  > ....
>  > Well, neither of these work...
>  >
>  > doc.manage_addProperty('specific_topics', specific_topics, 'multiple_selection',
>  > select_variable='list_of_selections')
>  >
>  > doc.manage_addProperty('specific_topics', specific_topics, type=
>  > 'multiple_selection', value='list_of_selections')
>  >
> In "OFS.PropertyManager._setProperty", I read:
>
>         # for selection and multiple selection properties
>         # the value argument indicates the select variable
>         # of the property
>
> This implies: "value" contains the name of the select variable.

Thanks, Dieter.  But for the record, I had "value" associated with the
name of the variable.  (Note the second try above).  However, that
didn't work either.  I had read the source.  Unfortunately, even after
having read that, it still wouldn't work from a python script.  I think
there is something wrong here.

Ron