[Zope] Artificially create a fileupload instance or batch convert ExtImages

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:16:11 -0000

> Tim Hicks writes:
>  > Is there an easy way to create a fileupload instance from a string?  I
am
>  > trying to batch convert a load of ExtImage files to give them all
different
>  > sized preview images, but manage_addExtImage() doesn't accept a string.
> I am a bit lazy - otherwise, I could look it up for you ;-)
>
>   "FileUpload" objects are defined in "ZPublisher.HTTPRequest".
>   The constructor wants a "cgi.FieldStorage" as an argument.
>   Look there, how to get a "FieldStorage" from a string...

Thanks Dieter.  As it happens, I'd already stumbled across cgi.FieldStorage,
but got a bit lost I'm afraid.

I tried --

import cgi
import StringIO
s = StringIO.StringIO('my test stringio')
f = cgi.FieldStorage(s)
--

but that's as far as I got.  I'm not convinced that actually works, but as
it happens, I solved the problem by simply passing in a StringIO object

thanks for the pointer.

tim