[Zope] 2.5 upgrade, Sessions - too clever for myself

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:21:42 -0500

On 12 Feb 2002 at 15:03, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> >6. Created a DTML method as session_data_manager placeholder
> >

> I don't understand why you did step 6.  It seems extraneous to me.

An earlier message in this thread suggested this. I'm not sure why. Probably because
someone wanted their own session data manager and didn't want one automatically
created that injected it's own SESSION into request.

> What is the session_data_manager object that's reappearing? I trust it is
> the right one?

Session Data Manager at /session_data_manager
Btw, if I create my own Session Data Manager (named "mysession_data_manager"), I
have the same problem. It works just after it's created, but if Zope is restarted it no
longer works after restart.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements