[Zope] Problem with grouping of a sequence

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:07:51 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to group a sequence by their first letter to build a list of
objects, but am having a problem:

The <dtml-if first-sequence-letter> never becomes true!

I can print out <dtml-var sequence-letter> just fine, but if I try to =
detect
when they change, no dice, it never occurs!

Here's my code:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-in "portal_catalog.searchResults( meta_type=3D'Archive Map',
review_state=3D'published')" sort=3DTitle skip_unauthorized>
<dtml-if first-sequence-Letter>true</dtml-if>
</dtml-in>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

This should output each letter of the alphabet as they change, right?

What am I doing wrong here? Is this a bug?

Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated! I'd rather NOT have ot do 26
different queries :)

Thanks,

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca