[Zope] Cookie authentication: CUF and XUF

darrylc darrylc@riposte.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:38:36 +0000 (GMT)

I have been running tests with IE 5 and IE 6 and am running into the same
problem. If I set the CUF to expire the cookies after the browser session,
I can view the first page on my site, but if I go to another link within
the same site/level I get thrown back to the authorization page and zope
thinks I am an anonymous user. This is with the expiration set to end
after the session.

Testing with Netscape, Galeon, or Opera works fine.

Anyone else see this?

Zope: 2.4.3
OS: Linux RH 7.2

XUF seems to totally ignore the fact that I have set cookies as my
authenticaton method. If I set the method to Basic Auth. I get challenged
via http. With cookies I sail on through.

This could be user error. Do I need to write my own dtml methods to like
docLogin, etc. Or should XUF be automatically be using the
"Contents" tab??

TIA,

-Darryl