[Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0: dtml-sendmail in standard_error_message on winnt 4

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:55:50 -0500

Another thing to try is to temporarily insert the line:

import pdb; pdb.set_trace()

... on your test system at mabe line 130 in
lib/python/Products/MailHost.py (inside the send method).  Then, run
Zope in debug mode (e.g. "start.bat -D") and try to authenticate with
your hacked standard_error_message.  You will likely be thrown into the
Python debugger.  Continue to hit "n"<return> (next statement, skips
over subroutines) or "s"<return> (next statement, skips into
subroutines) until you find the line or funciton causing the slowdown.
(To get out of the debugger, press "c" several times and then  press
ctrl-C).  When you find out where it's slowing things down (or maybe it
doesn't even get called!) report back.

HTH,

- C