[Zope] Authentication wierdness

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:56:39 +0100

Hi Steve,

there is no special security setting for PrivatFolder, it acquire=20
everything from the root, which has access-contentinformation set to=20
anonymous. The strange thing is, that I can add all internal Zope objects=20
like DTML-methods, active Images, but not ZClass based products.

--On Freitag, Februar 15, 2002 08:30:39 -0500 Steve Spicklemire=20
<steve@spvi.com> wrote:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> 	I'm totally guessing here.. but when Zope2 traverses to an object... it
> does so as "anonymous". Once the object is found, the security machinery
> attemts to validate the user, and this is where LoginManager gets
> involved. My guess is that you have somehow got things set up so that
> Anonymous can't see the factory so that the MyDocument_add_form can be
> accessed, validated, and then displayed. Can you might try allowing
> Anonymous to "access contents information" in your PrivatFolder.
>
> -steve
>
> On Friday, February 15, 2002, at 07:30 AM, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
>
>> I have a setup like this
>> Zope 2.43 running on Linux:
>>
>> /
>> acl_users (standard Zope)
>> PrivatFolder
>>  acl_users (LoginManager)
>>
>> I also created a product MySite, with the ZClasses MyFolder and
>> MyDocument.
>>
>> When I now do PrivatFolder/manage
>>
>> The LoginForm of LoginManager pops up, I can loggin as user "test" who
>> has the role manager.
>>
>> I get the ZMI for this level I see that I am logged in as "test". I can
>> add a DTML method for example. But when select
>> MyDocument from the products to add, the Authentication box from the
>> root pops up. When I cancel this I get the error message (since I am
>> using ZDebug):
>>

>> Unauthorized: User Anonymous User is not allowed to access
>> PrivatFolder/MyDocument_factory
>> The user, whose roles are ('Anonymous',), would need to have one of the
>> following roles: ('Manager',)
>>
>> So why I am the Anomyos User in this case, when the ZMI shows that I am
>> logged in as test. Who has the role Manager.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen                              Joachim Schmitz
AixtraWare Ingenieurb=FCro f=FCr Internetanwendungen
H=FCsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163
Key fingerprint =3D DA10 CC82 62F8 1DBB 39A1  1EDC 725B 3317 A8D7 C3A6
Keyserver: http://germany.keyserver.net/en/