[Zope] install on solaris

jesse wright jesse.wright@cameraplanet.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:02:41 -0500

Sitting in limbo on this.
I've followed the Install and Documentation to a T.

I've ./install -u 'normaluser"
i've set permission as the documentation advised.
on the var directory to allow 'nobody' permission
as well as on the 'inituser'
This was so that i could ./start as root.
This is so I culd serve pages through apache at a later date.
For right now I am happy to let Zserver serve the Pages.

When I run ./start
everything looks like it starts fine.
http started
ftp started
one more line about pcgi (even though I didn't ./start -p)
and that is it.

everything looks like it starts fine
but when I try to go to
http://mymachine.com:8080 or mymachine:8080/manage
nothing comes up.

Do I need to install PYTHON first?
I thought binaries came with a precompiled python.

I've been dealing with this for two weeks now with no progress.
I would really appreciate any assistance on this.
I can AIM if necessary.
thnx.

peace and balance

Tell Your Story to the World