[Zope] how to create an object programmaticaly

Daniel Meier info@manifakt.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:52:12 +0100

hi there

I'm trying to create an object in a python script, like this it works:

context.manage_addProduct['ChernobylObjects'].<my
zclass>.createInObjectManager('myId', container.REQUEST )

the object is created in the same folder as I call the script.

but now I'd like to create a new object in another folder (not in a parent,
not in a sibbling an not in a subfolder)

like this:

/folder1/subfolder             (I'm here)
/folder2/subfolder2/subfolder3 (that's where I'd like to create my new
object)

I have the destination path for my object in a string variable. this path
changes constantly (for some special apllication reasons).

how can I create my object with the path for it in a string variable?

regards

daniel