[Zope] Zope-2.5.0 randomly restarting?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:57:42 -0500

> - Python version:
>   2.1.1

There are known problems with Python 2.1.1 crashing in certain
circumstances.  Please try Python 2.1.2.

> - Your installed Zope Products:
>   BTreeFolder and about 20 products of our own.

OK.  Wow.  20 products.  That's a lot of products.  Note that products don't
run in a "sandbox" so it's equally possible for badly written products to
take Zope down as it would be for bugs in Zope to take Zope down.

> - Your installed Zope database adapter:
>   None. Only ZODB with Data.fs

OK, good data point.

> - The results of running Zope with...:
>   As I already mentioned I have only normal user access to the server,
>   so I can restart the server from Control_Panel only. I have to check
this
>   on monday.

OK, if you can, please try to get this environment variable set to see if
the problem goes away and let us know.

> - The results of running Zope in single-threaded mode...:
>   dito

Ditto for the response. ;-)

> As I asked before. Is there some kind of error log for zope?

Yes, it's called the STUPID_LOG_FILE (really).  Please set the
STUPID_LOG_FILE environment variable to a filename, export the envvar and
restart Zope.  Debug information will then be written to this log file.