[Zope] Zope-2.5.0 randomly restarting?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:05:20 -0500

> Zope isn't crashing. The server is restarting as if you would click on
"Restart" in the Control_Panel.

That's a crash.  It just happens the ZDaemon (the zope restarter) catches
the process and restarts it when it dies.  You'll see the errors in the
debug log when you get it set up.

> Maybe this is related to another bug I encountered. When I "refresh" one
of my products I can't create new instances of it any more. If I try, I get

It's almost impossible to tell if this problem is related to the crash
problem.

> > Yes, it's called the STUPID_LOG_FILE (really).
> What the ...? Why is it called the STUPID_LOG_FILE? Are you sure it
contains valuable Information? ;-)

Yes.  Please, I'm begging you, dont ask. ;-)