[Zope] Custom 404 html message

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:29:32 +0000

At 19:13 14/02/2002 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>Richard Barrett wrote:
> >
> > Taking the basic standard_error_message and changing like this might work:
> >
> > <dtml-if "error_type == 'NotFound'">
> >      <dtml-comment>
> >         Add special handling for 404 Not found here
> >      </dtml-comment>
> > <dtml-else>
> >      <dtml-comment>
> >         Put the contents of the default standard_error_message DTML
> method here
> >      </dtml-comment>
> > </dtml-if>
>
>*vomit* ;-)

Excellent. Well framed constructive explanation for your objections.

>Put a python script in which calls the appropriate ZPT for an error message or
>have the python script do other processing (such as a redirect) if you don't
>want an error message shown.

I'm pleased to see proposed a straightforward alternative that easy for the
average bear in a hurry to implement.

I take it this is the ZPT whose description and examples of use feature so
strongly in all of the books on Zope that have been published to date.

What was that you said? Oh, you mean that I have to spend _all_ my time
keeping abreast of where Zope is going and all of its great new
developments and shouldn't be doing anything else. Problem I have as
regards to Zope is that my employer wants results today, well actually he
wanted them yesterday; another photograph of some more jelly nailed to the
tree has ceased to be acceptable as a deliverable.

>cheers,
>
>Chris

Regard

Richard