[Zope] System Error from Zope Book Example

Dan Shafer dan@gui.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:10:02 -0800

At 5:20 PM +0000 2/18/02, Chris Withers wrote:
>Dan Shafer wrote:
>>
>>  def makeThumbnail(self, original_id, size=128)
>>
>>          from PIL import Image
>>          from cStringIO import StringIO
>>          import os.path
>>
>>          # create a thumbnail image file
>>          original_image=getattr(self, original_id)
>>          original_file=StringIO(original_image.data)
>
>So, this is the line with the bug.
>
>What's data? What's original_image? I suspect data is of a type the StringIO
>doesn't like. You sure you haven't got a typo here?

The makeThumbnail script runs fine when executed directly in a URL.
Works flawlessly every time. Only when I call it from the script that
attempts to iterate over all the images in a directory and create
thumbnails to I encounter the bug I reported. So I don't _think_ it's
a typo here.

I did submit a followup to my original report in which I indicated
that if I call this script inside a folder lower in the object
structure than where the script is defined, I get a different result
than if I execute it from the level where the script is.

I'm guessing at this point that there is something strange about the
images I'm processing or their names or some such. But since I'm just
copying stuff out of the Zope Book, I'm really sort of clueless.

I appreciate your continuing efforts to help.

--
Dan Shafer, Personal Creativity Trainer and Consultant
Trained Hartman Value Profile Analyst