[Zope] How to convert structured text into plain text

vsbabu@vsbabu.org vsbabu@vsbabu.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:18:00 -0500

Wouldn't <dtml-var xxx> be enough? Off course it'll still have STXisms like * or **, link specs etc.

Otherwise, what I can think of is to write an external method that takes in HTML and returns plain text.
To this pass the rendered STX.

something like this ->

from htmllib import HTMLParser
from formatter import AbstractFormatter, AbstractWriter
parser = HTMLParser(AbstractFormatter(AbstractWriter()))
parser.feed(stx_in_html)
parser.close()

Well, this prints out the text - need to modify it to capture it and return it as a string

-vsb