[Zope] Cookie authentication: CUF and XUF (fwd)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:44:18 +0100

darrylc writes:
Can you please stay on the mailing list? (Added again)

 > I have been running tests with IE 5 and IE 6 and am running into the same
 > problem. If I set the CUF to expire the cookies after the browser session,
 > I can view the first page on my site, but if I go to another link within
 > the same site/level I get thrown back to the authorization page and zope
 > thinks I am an anonymous user. This is with the expiration set to end
 > after the session.
 >
 > Testing with Netscape, Galeon, or Opera works fine.
 >
 > Anyone else see this?
A colleague may have seen something similar:

  He works on a Zope-CMF based portal. When he logs in
  from deep inside the portal, he looses the authentication
  cookie when he later visits pages higher up in the portal.

  This is normal behaviour when the "setCookie" call does not
  contain a "path" parameter. However, when I tried to reproduce
  the behaviour, I have been unable to do so.
  The difference: while I work with Netscape/Konqueror
  my colleague uses IE (5.5).

I did not investigate further because our client wants
the authentication immediate at the portal entrance,
a case handled correctly by IE, too.

I cannot help you further. I am essentially a Unix-only guy.
Investigating problems restricted to IE is quite difficult for
me. Therefore, please stay on the list...

Dieter