[Zope] Re: Re: Please help newbie access her control manager/panel

J. Stuff junkystuph@hotmail.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:19:46 -0600

Hey, IT'S WORKING!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!

I decided to turn my firewall program back on since I wasn't getting
anywhere with Zope. Then I did what Joel instructed in the original message
below. The moment I hit return after the command string, a lot of Zope info
showed up in the command window AND the firewall program asked me if i
wanted to allow python.exe to access the internet. After i answered "yes," I
tried to access the zope manager and it came up!!!

Here's a synopsis of the entire situation:

Zope V 2.4.3

Windows XP

IE 6.0

Unable to access Zope control panel/manager at the following urls (Browswer
says "Page cannot be displayed"):
- http://localhost:8080/manage
- http://127.0.0.1:8080/manage
- http://joplop-alpha:8080/manage (joplop-alpha is what showed up after
requesting localhost info in a command prompt)

Unable to access Zope QuickStart at following urls (Browswer says "Page
cannot be displayed"):
- http://localhost:8080/
- http://127.0.0.1:8080/
- http://joplop-alpha:8080/

First installed it as a service, didn't work, uninstalled it.
Reinstalled it as manual start-up, didn't work, uninstalled it.
Reinstalled it as a service, not currently working.

Screenshot of start.bat: http://lunamanium.com/startbat.gif - i've let it
sit for twenty minutes

No firewall program running. Here's a screenshot of what is running on the
computer: http://lunamanium.com/netstat.gif
There is nothing using the ports that Zope is supposed to be using.

Admin Tools > Services - Zope isn't started and it won't stay started;
clicking 'Start' brings up following message: "The Zope service WebSite on
Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if
they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts
Service."

Opened command line and typed:
c:\Program Files\WebSite>start.bat -D
This triggered Zope to start and now it's working.

I'm really excited about getting to use Zope at home. When I know more about
Zope, I hope I will be able to help others like I've been helped.

Jessica Robinson
junkystuph@hotmail.com