[Zope] stack error with Python 2.1.2

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@lightwerk.com
24 Feb 2002 18:33:30 +0100

Hi,

I tried to move to Python 2.1.2 with an existing site and got a stack
error under some circumstances.

The site provides five different websites distinguished by Virtual
Site Root.

The error:
python: Python/ceval.c:687: eval_code2: Assertion `(stack_pointer -
f->f_valuestack) <= f->f_stacksize' failed.

I found some places where this is mentioned, mostly explained with
illegal bytecode. Because I removed all bytecode and shared libraries
before recompiling Zope and the C extensions I dont't assume that this
is the case.

The interesting part is: the site which was defined first (using VSR)
is accessible. Every other site fails. Also the navigation frame in
the management interface fails while the content frame works without
problems.

The Python interpreter is the (first and) only one on the system so
interferences with other Python installations are not possible.
The configure line for Python:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-crypt --without-pymalloc
            --with-threads

Additionally I enabled SSL for the socket module.

I hope someone can reproduce this. I am not able to do debugging for
this myself. I will switch back to Python 2.1.1.

Regards, Frank