[Zope] Zope and MySQL

Richard Hewison richard.hewison@luton.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:04:38 GMT

We hadn't dabbled with Zope and database connectivity before, so
we decided to initially try getting it connecting to MySQL. After
some initial problems, we got this working fine with one exception.
If our server has to be restarted for any reason, then the rpm of
MySQL that we installed stops working (amongst other things, the
socket seems to disappear off the server!). So, each time the
server is restarted (not very often thankfully), we have to reinstall
MySQL. Anyone hazard a guess why it's doing this?

Richard H.