[Zope] user accounts

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:18:31 -0500

This will be a tough problem to solve without a better
description of what is going wrong.

- Usually, when I get authorization-type errors, "cancelling"
   the auth dialog will tell me exactly what object is causing
   the authentication problem.  This would help a lot.

- Are these problems happening in an area of your site
   which uses third-party products?  Products that you made?
   Maybe your permissions are wrong?

- Are the acl_users folders arranged properly?  Attempting
   to access /folder1/index_html will only work if the user
   is defined in /folder1/acl_users or /acl_users ...

- Have you modified "View" permissions for objects you are
   trying to access?

- You could try setting all permissions for Anonymous and
   then turning them off one-by-one until it breaks (slow
   and painful, but could be a last resort)

Just a few suggestions ... Please write back with a traceback
after cancelling the authentication dialog.

Ziniti