[Zope] illegal characters in url error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:30:45 +0100

Paul Rudin writes:
 >   > ....
 >   > Zope restricts ids to contain only characters legal in URLs (and
 >   > space).
 >

 > Ok, thanks. So why does using the result of quote_url_plus as an id
 > also fail? Surely such a string should necessarily consist of
 > url-legal characters?
The '%' is illegal in URLs (unless it is quoted).
Zope is too stupid to recognize url encoding and complains about the '%'.

In my opinion, it is time to get rid of the URL character restriction.
It will be a bit difficult to find all places in Zope's code
where omitting the restriction will require an explicit quoting,
but it will be worth the effort.

Maybe, you want to write a proposal?

Dieter