[Zope] Re: [Jython-users] Jython and Zope

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:21:30 -0500

There is also jpe - an integration of c-Python with java:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpe

"JPE is a seamless, complete, and efficient integration of Java and standard
Python (C Python). JPE provides Java access to Python's native extension,
and Java's Swing to Python developpers"

Seems like this might fit the bill.  Its status is "Production/stable".

Tom P

[Nicolas Bill Russell]

The reason why I want to use Jython is that I need to access serialized Java
objects.
I've designed a system that uses objects as the main storage media rather
than databases. I used Java for the frontend of my system (Swing GUIs and
object serialization) and is planning to use Python (Jython) for client-side
processing of Java objects.
Is there any other (simpler) way to access Java objects using Python?
Thanks,
Bill Russell Gagalac-Nicolas