[Zope] Zope and MySQL

Richard Hewison richard.hewison@luton.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:33:44 GMT

On 26 Feb 2002, at 20:10, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> It is not completely unimaginable that a communication socket
> goes away when the server is shut down.

That's our limited knowledge of Linux and comms sockets for you.
Thanks for the info.

> It should be created again when the server restarts.
> If not, try a newer version of MySQL.
> If this is impossible, there are easier ways to create
> a socket (mknode) than reinstalling the rpm.

We are running the most recent version of MySQL for Linux that we
could find (rpm version 3.23.47-1). I'm assuming that the command
to create this socket on restarting the OS is located somewhere in
a Linux startup script of some kind?

Thanks for your help on this. After all, this problem we've got with
MySQL is only indirectly Zope related!

Richard H.