[Zope] A possible bug in AccessControl.User

Dirksen dirksen_lau@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:18:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

There's a line(#629) in AccessControl.User, within method validate(), saying:
        if emergency and user is emergency:....

I find out that, when I log in as emgergency user, 'user is emergency' always fails, even
though logically user = emergency = self._emergency_user!

I furthor discover that it seems to happen to all extention classes, i.e.:
a = b = SomeExtentionClass()
a is b
will return 0.

Well, this's not really a bug, since everything works fine, but there must be something
wrong. Either a bug in extention class, or that line in user.py is useless. I'd like to
hear some explanation.

Cheers
Dirksen