[Zope] The suits are taking away my Zope! - IT WORKS!

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:53:20 -0600

IT WORKS!!  It's very slow, and I still have to work out some authentication
issues, but I just successfully attached a file in Outlook 2000.  ZEO is
storing the file, Zope is serving it, davfs is mounting the whole site as a
filesystem, Samba is exporting it, and all Windows has to do is map the SMB
share and let Outlook access it.  Here's what I have:

RedHat 7.2 (2.4.9 kernel), davfs 0.2.3, Samba 2.2.1, Zope 2.5.0, ZEO 1.0b5.
On the client side, Win2000SP2, Office2000SP2.  For those that are
interested, WebDrive on the client did the job much better than this server
setup, but I'm still doubtful that they'll let me insist on a client-side
solution.  I still may not win the fight, but at least I now have more
ammunition.

Thank you so much to all who chimed in.

Craig