[Zope] Situation with VirtualHostMonster, url rewriting ...

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 09:02:45 +0200

Hi all,

I have a bit of a situation with url rewriting and I feel that I have
tried all I can. Now this is the situation.

I have a Zope running a couple of services. One is running with
VirtualHostMonster really well -- it is the ideal case also covered in
the howto. Meaning I have a domain www.xxx.com and it is directed to top
level folder xyz. No problem.

The problem comes with another service I have running. It is running in
top level folder, but the domain is not fully to this service. Meaning
that www.sss.com/ABC/ would be served from zope's root level folder abc.
Everything else is somewhere else served by Apache.

So in zope's root folder I have xyz and abc. Xyz works.

I try to make abc work with following rewrite:

RewriteRule ^/abc/(.*)
/var/www/cgi-bin/Zope/abc/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

It works, but -- now this is the annoying part -- the /abc/ comes
visible into the urls after following a couple of links on the pages.
And it doesn't come visible only once - but twice. Meaning that users
will see url: www.xxx.com/ABC/abc/abc/page_id

And that sucks.

I tried to use VirtualHostRoot -- but it didn't seem to help. Atleast I
did not get it to work.

-huima