[Zope] get Folder object from string name

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:23:48 -0600

I have a string that contains the name of a folder, and I want to add
files to that folder with a Script(Python) method add_file_to_folder.
The name of the folder is contained in the REQUEST object field 'id'.
If eval worked, I could do:

eval("context.Patients.%s.manage_addFile(id='', file=REQUEST.get('file'))" %
     REQUEST.get('id'))

(So the folder I want to write to is a subfolder of 'Patients'.)

But eval doesn't work in a python script.  I could use an External
Method, but I suspect there is a good way to do this using the Zope
API.  Suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,
John Hunter