[Zope] ZSyncer bidirectional ?

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:36:22 -0500

I have modified ZSyncer to be able to "pull"
objects backwards.  This was relatively
straightforward.  I would be happy to send
you some code ... what would be best for
you?  The new Product or diffs on the old
one?

Additionally, since you seem in a mood to
develop ZSyncer, maybe you and the Zope list
could comment:

I'd like to use ZSyncer to sync code that is
external to ZODB, e.g. External Methods and
Python Products.

At this point, I'm just hacking away to get
it in there, mostly using os.system and
such.  But I would be happy to rethink and
refactor if the community think it's worth
the effort.  I think in the long run, Zope
needs this functionality.

Thoughts?

Ziniti