[Zope] ZSyncer bidirectional ?

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 13:53:50 -0500

> yes "pull" is the option (and word) i'm searching for, thanks!

np :)

> Doesn't this collide with some security concepts?

Oh yeah, totally clashes with security.  And
that's why I wanted to se eif other people were
interested so that we can discuss security issues.

If I'm the only one using it, I'll secure it in
other ways.

> i don't know how EMs are imported into / used in Zope. Maybe the
> problem (if not using os.system and Co) is to get the source of the
> module directly from inside Zope, but i don't know.

The problem I see here is that even if we
can get the code from running Zope or even modify the
code in a running Zope, I don't think Zope
is "outfitted" to commit these changes to
disk the way I'd like.

I debated between modifying the "Product" class
(and the ExternalMethod class) ... or just hacking
ZSyncer using os calls to get filesystem
access.  The former is more ambitious.  The latter
is faster ... so I chose the latter ...

Ziniti