[Zope] Re: Problem while rewriting image

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 19:51:45 +0100

tamilg writes:
 >  I am having one object called "Course" and i am adding image as an object (by using manage_addImage) in Course object. this is working fine.
 > but when i take the same object and deleting the existing image object(by using manage_delImage) and adding a new image object, the new image is not displayed when i refresh the form still it is showing the old image. pls let me know if you find any solution.
This is not a Zope problem but a caching problem:

  Your browser (or maybe a proxy in between) has cached the image.
  When it needs the image later again, it fetches it from the cache.

  With many browsers, you can use "shift-reload" to force the browser
  to refetch the image from the server. You will see, it is the
  new image.

What can you do?

  *  configure your browser to always check freshness of the image

  *  configure Zope to send "Expires" headers for images

Dieter