[Zope] stack overflow error

Christoph Wierling wierling@molgen.mpg.de
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:55:45 +0100 (MET)

hi,

I'm running Zope 2.4.1 under OSF1V4 on a Digital alpha with python 2.1.
Some products are crashing the Zope-server, eg. the
DocumentLibrary-product by clicking on the view-tab of this product.
If I do the same on a linux-box it works fine.

The Zope server is crashing with the following message:
Stack overflow: pid 24662, proc python2.1, addr 0x141477fd8, pc 0x12003a288

I checked the python stacksize by the Misc/find_recursionlimit.py program
which is in the python-distribution. On the Digital alpha the max
recursion-limit is 2400 and on the linux-box it's 8100. So I thought that
the platform dependent stacksize was the reason for the Zope-crash, but
the stacksize as given by the UNIX limit command is 8192kb on the linux-box
and 32768kb on the Digital alpha. So the platform dependent stacksize does
not explain the recursion-limit-problem.

Does anybody have an idea, way the python-program of the Zope-process
crashes with a stack overflow, although the platform dependent stacksize
seems not to be the problem?

Or way is the recursion limit on the Digital alpha less than the one on
the linux-box?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Christoph