[Zope] Transferring from one Zope server to another

John Wheeler jdw27_42@hotmail.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:52:48

I have a conundrum.  I have a Zope installation on my local machine,
which I have the admin role and filesystem access, and I want to
transfer files to a folder on remote machine, that I only have the
manager access to.  Without filesystem access, I don't see how to use
Import/Export to the remote machine (from worked great).  The "Upload"
button in Add/Edit has the kind of functionality I'm looking for, but
I can't figure out how to access the files on my local server with it.
(I'm using Netscape 6.2 for Linux, Caldera 2.4, if that matters.)
Installing a new product would be very difficult, as the admin has
little more experience than I do.  Security is a major concern; I
shouldn't be able to upload files to directories I don't have "Add
files..." permission for.

Can anyone help?