[Zope] SMB authentication

Magnuson.Erik Magnuson.Erik@ensco.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:25:06 -0500

> Maybe you could assign your people to different roles, and set the
> permissions so that only one of the roles can access the protected
> content.

Well, if I go to set local roles with ExUserFolder and SMB, I get a=20
 Error Type: TypeError
 Error Value: len() of unsized object
traceback. In addition, the domain has 500 users and I only want to give =
access to less than 50. That would be a lot of manual clicking to set =
500 local roles.

> Setting roles with XUF and smb auth source is not very easy, but it
> seems it can be done=20

I'm looking for hints.  I could always try to hack in an explicit user =
list into the smb auth method but I wanted to see if anyone else had =
done something like this to make sure I was not re-inventing any wheels.

Thanks
--
Erik