[Zope] SMB authentication

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:47:57 +0100

> I'm looking for hints.  I could always try to hack in an explicit user
list into the smb auth method but I wanted to see if anyone else had done
something like this to make sure I was not re-inventing any wheels.

someway you have to specify who the users are. So, you could define them in
a zodbAuth source and then simply define a remoteAuthMethod, which takes
care of the auth... Zope and xufs security works by first looking up the
user based on the username and then attempting to authenticate.

the same goes for the other sql based methods that are around.

Also, try the exuserfolder-users@lists.sourceforge.net  list for xuf
questions :)

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services