[Zope] python expression dtml-var rendering

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:25:05 +0300

Hi!

   Please continue to reply to the list, so all readers benefit.

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:17:36PM -0500, Trevor Toenjes wrote:
> thanks.  I havent touched Zope in over a month and got rusty.  adding () and
> when to use _. still trick me.  Thanks, Oleg.

   Why? There is DTML Magic, but it is easy to understand.

> Is it better syntax to use <dtml-var expr="xxx()"> instead of <dtml-var xxx>
> for consistency?

   No. DTML Magic does more than that. <dtml-var xxx> (where xxx is a DTML
object) is equivalent of <dtml-var "xxx(_.None, _)">. What is simpler to
read and write?

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru